Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Goa, Oh! Goa. I Love You to Bits.


Goa, oh! Goa. How much have I fallen in love with you? The sweet sands on your beaches flattened me. Your perfect weather soothed me. Sight of men and women smoking the holy herb awed me. Inebriated youngsters who were sober awed me (again). Goa! Oh! Goa. How much have I fallen for you?

My carefree, totally not planned trip to Goa was magically awesome. With a bunch of friends who made it extra super, I spent three days of my life (journey) with good food, lovely people, and lots of fun. All I did was go around Goa and visit places. And whichever places we visited were random ones, which we never knew existed. From small restaurants, shacks on the beaches, forts, there is so much to see in Goa. Well, so much to indulge in, actually!

For my photographer friends, Goa was true bliss as they could capture sunset at its best, westernized roads with pubs that remind you of European countries (not that I have visited any! Thanks to Hollywood), free market (which I have loads to share about), and people from across the globe who have come there and blended in sync with all that Goa has to offer.

Free market which we visited at 10 p.m. was an array of lights spread out with colors and beautiful people. There was a bowl of cultures. Indian stalls where reds, blues and pinks reigned. Japanese, Germans, Italians, French, Dutch… so many of them together in the same market, selling goods that they made!

Vagatore where we stayed was a quiet place which bore a few churches and old houses. Mapusa had a huge market where we got the famous Goan Feni, Pork sausages and Pan Beer. Anjuna, where beach is at its best. How can I forget our dinner at the famous ‘Curlies’?! Baga for shopping. And Panaji where we witnessed many historical monuments.

Goa seemed like another planet to me. Ask me why? Well, for all that I know, the place has much to offer. From peace, tranquility (which is confined only to that place alone, I don’t know why!), to lots of independent loners, and fun unlimited everywhere, there is so much in Goa. I would rather call it ‘man-made paradise on earth’.

I don’t remember the name of the hotel we stayed, nor the places we visited. It was all random. And the fun lied when there was randomness everywhere. I don’t remember the people I met there, or the stores we got into. They were all mere randomness. But for all that I know, I wouldn’t miss a chance to hop in to Goa again. This time, alone maybe. With less stress and strain. The more your priorities, the less fun. What say! ? 





No comments:

Post a Comment