Thursday, October 4, 2012

Happy to be part of this.



That day, everything seemed to fall in place, and I felt at peace. So as they say, beaches and sunset is always the perfect combination for a worn out, dreary soul. I was one. Sitting at the beachside, swimming pool chaise lounge, lest did I realize the worries life holds. No, I’am not exaggerating. My two days spent at Bentota (Sri Lanka) was paradise brought down for me. Maybe the gods wanted me to ‘literally’ take a break! Yea, maybe.

It was pure bliss- When sun bids goodbye to a day’s work, and when the moon takes over the shift. But they din’t seem to be tired. They seemed to be enjoying the switching over’s. They seem to be smiling at each other while passing by. The vast sea in front of me brought me tales from home. I looked at the waves which came across from lands. They brought to me the ‘feeling’, the warmth of my home which was miles away. Music is always man’s best companion when it comes to being with oneself, and music completes his/her longing for beauty. The sea ahead, music tantalizing my ears, tickling me through my veins, the rocks stood there like a strong woman, bearing the harshness of waves. Men and women were walking through the beachside, some holding hands, some alone, and some just looking at the waves.

So man is never alone in his misery. He has companion. And the man he sees right next to him on a crowded daylight busy street goes through a different story of being hit, hurt and sad. Miseries are forever. So are smiles and cheers. Look around to not see just the concrete giants, but also the eternal beauty nature has to offer. Love and peace aren’t difficult to attain. It all comes when you create them. And the only person that can do that for you is ‘you’.

Things never changed after that ‘one day’. At least, I realized that the world ain’t that bad a place to live in. Maybe I’am just another speck, but I have been offered too much to indulge in. For universal beauty never ceases to fail before my eyes. 

Photo Courtesy: some website for Sri Lankan tourism. 

1 comment:

  1. ahha interesting,..
    i just scribbled couple of lines on the same on fb..

    ReplyDelete