Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Chaappa-kurished lady who loved S n' P


Its too late to comment. But I guezz they say, better late than never! Being an ardent cinema lover, I have been waiting for Chaappa Kurish ever since its teasers and promos have been out. I mus' say that the song 'Theeye Theeye' literally bowled me over! The posters with hues of melancholy and shades of glum-ness (yes, I'am a fan of'em) made me think that the movie would be a unique one portraying real life at its best. I loved the concept. I loved the way the director wanted to put forth sucha 'socially relevant' concept through a movie. I hated the way he implemented it. I cant stop thinking but laugh at a friends comment, "Ivan kanchavadich edutha cinemaya ith"..!

How could he 'just drag' the movie to no boundaries? Malayali audience have come a long way from just being passive spectators to smart criticizers. Film-makers, beware! You cant just throw any 'new-gen labelled' thrash at us, and expect us to clap our hands at it. Having watched the first day matinee show of CK, I was easily the most irritated Kochiite for the day! I literally got a headache having sat through the whole 2 and half odd hours inside four walls of a massive room. I was suffocated. Blaah!

Salt n Pepper amused me. I started having an instant respect for Aashiq Abu after watching his second flick. Don't you think he has come a long way?? He has style. We love style. We accept smartness. He gave us style in elegance. From the script to the plot, cast to the songs, screenplay to posters, everything about S n' P was mind-throttling. Whoaaa!! *clap clap clap*

No comments:

Post a Comment