Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tagged Valley Girl!!!


While having a conversation with my US returned (not really returned. He came here for a holiday) cousin over dinner, he asked me where I would want to end up in another five years, which holiday spot I aspire to visit, my favorite shopping spots and stuff. Well, if you are wondering whether this guy is a 50 year old HR recruiter, you got that wrong. A stunning 16 year old intelligent boy, he flooded me with queries which I did enjoy answering. Finally he tagged me- Valley girl. Having no clue to what a valley girl meant, I pondered, referred the dictionary, SMS'ed a couple of US accent acquainted friends and stuff. It was Internet to the rescue then.

Valley Girl- a stereotype leveled at a socio-economic and ethnic class of of American women who can be described as colloquial English speaking, materialistic, self- centered, hedonistic, and often sexually promiscuous. (Couresty-Wikipedia) What the......!!!! was my first reaction.

Allright so if you have been wondering why I was called so, even I haven't really figured that out. But the few answers I gave was- I wanna live in a studio apartment in NY, I wanna own Prada, and wear Gucci (I clearly said I wished, and not that I own), and walk around with D&G. So hence I'am a Valley Girl.

Phew. Sigh. The name reminded me of some wanna-be, or stereotyped blonde, or even Paris Hilton. He returned back to the US. I'am not in touch with him (no no, not cos of this. He is not a FB person or neither does he or me take the pain to call).

NY is a dream. A dream (for me) that looks high up the ladder of probabilities. A dream which maybe luck can gift me today or tomorrow. How about owning a studio apartment overlooking the sea in the center, and city lights adding charm towards the right, and an overview of slums to the left. Religion taught me right is god and left is satan. For me, city personifies god. What if this apartment was in the heart of Mumbai? Somewhere near Dadar, or Juhu.

Dreams, dreams, dreams... I say. Such a wonderful thing to do on a lazy jobless weekday afternoon at office.

Dreams hold me tight
For your embrace tickles me
happiness and ecstasy finds their path to my soul

Dreams, you make me think
The dark ones annoy me, the happy ones makes my day
Your visits on the moonlit night taking me to a world I wish to enter
Your visits unexpected, I love you for them

Dreams hold me tight
For you make life a brighter and sweeter place

Picture Courtesy: Some site! I typed Valley girl, and this is what THE INTERNET shows me. So that means THIS IS the Valley girl ;). Burp.

No comments:

Post a Comment