Tuesday, August 16, 2011

In-sync with my KL-7

KL-7 says Kochi. Born and bought up in this splendid city, having seen the grimy and bright sides of this place, having witnessed the uninteresting phrases, I must admit that Kochi has bowled me over. 24 years and still on. I have never felt like leaving this place. I spent two years in Bangalore. I have visited friends and relatives in other parts of the country. Mumbai is charismatic. The only city (if given an option) which I would want to end up, if not Kochi. So if you ask me what exactly lures, plays the gravity to Kochi, I would say- no clue. I agree. This is a not-so-comfortable city to be in. With bumpy roads that can give you backaches each time you pass through, with the typical Malayali crowd who wants to peep into every single business you indulge in, I wish I realized why I love my city so much. Wait. My city. Well, that says it all I guess. Maybe this is just a growing metropolitan, paving its way for cosmopolitan-ism(or whatever), Kochi is unique. Tagged 'Queen of Arabian sea', my city welcomes people from all walks of life. Yea, you got that right. A mini Mumbai it is.

I have been seeing changes (so evident) in Kochi. All is for the well, fingers crossed. With little space that cannot accommodate more than a lakh cars on the roads, with unions and organizations that would go on a strike the next minute you don't nod your heads to them, with a beautiful port that you and me can boast of, with historical embarkments in every nook and corner, Kochi is leaping. For the good. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment