Sunday, August 14, 2011

A not so happy Independence day

This 15th of August might sound like just another day at home for you and me. Let me salute, hat's off to the thousands (our predecessors) who sacrificed their blood for all that we have been enjoying now. At this juncture, I'am just confused! What exactly does this term 'freedom' stand for? With so much mayhem and chaos around, I really wonder whether we are independent or free? We have so much to thank the Britishers. Naming a few, din't they help re-unite the hundreds and thousands of kingdoms into one nation? They did imbibe (unknowingly of course) the spirit of one-ness amongst us, and a lot more. Well, no history classes now.

Our politicians need to take lessons from them. The only common thing I can think of (British and our current politicians)- digging into the national treasure. Kasab lives a luxurious life, condition of roads are worse than gutters, rapists continue doing IT, murderers walk around free. These are some of the common sights you would see in a independent nation. Common man are helpless spectators. Our money wasted for no good. Our efforts gone down the drains. Democracy unimplemented. The duo, Anna Hazare and Baba Ramdev are not really Gandhian or whatever. Give me the honour to categorize them as mere attention-seekers. Such fake Independence, I say!!

No comments:

Post a Comment