Monday, August 8, 2011

Live-in relations VS Marriages

I was pondering on the credibility of marriages and loveliness of live-in relationships. Need I say more? My mind has been penned out through this one line. I cant stop, but think of the soreness in twinge presented by THE commitment through marriage. Men are like branches of a tree swaying in the wind. No matter how hard a woman tries to act the 'root' by trying to hold them tight, they love swaying. I'am not against this wonderful (supposedly to some) institution called marriage. It is beautiful. It confers love, postitive-ness, sense of belongingness and more (they say...). All that needs to be asked is- for how long?

I live in a society where men and women are destined to GET MARRIED, bore kids, work 8 hours a day, eat, sleep, retire, and die. I beg to differ. I would want to live in a dreamers paradise where eating and sleeping happens in grandeur and lavishness. Love (or love making or whatever) happens when-you-feel-like, work happens everyday (chuck the time slot), and travelling eats up whole of your time in life. I love travelling. I love interacting, knowing people and cultures. Oh-oh, Iam supposed to talk bout something else.

So well, live-in relations are cool. They dont demand. They respect. They give you space. There is love. All that is literally expected out of marriages, happens in live-in's. Argue, slap, kick. You do that, no divorce petitions (and years of slogging in courts) happens. When commitment is the villain in marriages, acceptance of what you are is the hero in live-in's. I don't believe in complicating life. Live it the way you want to. I'am tired of reading and hearing this from a thousand souls. But at this juncture I cannot think of anything better than 'live your life to the fullest. You have just one to live and love'!

No comments:

Post a Comment