Monday, August 8, 2011

Rainy days cure...


No matter how much you have been cursing rains for their uninvited arrivals, floody nature, dampness or cold, you cannot deny the fact that you love them. "Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky", said Rabindranath Tagore, a poetic pride India can boast of for centuries to come. I admire the poet for his works which have taken Indian Literature to levels extremely high.

Nothing to beat an evening sitting in your balcony sipping a hot cup of coffee, indulging in the beauty, serenity and prettiness in the drops of rain, or rather I prefer calling, 'drops of joy'.

Winter enthralls me. Summer irritates. Spring??? (we don't have one here. Not in Kochi). Monsoon is the hero. Monsoon purifies your surrounding. Monsoon is the season of romance. Monsoon does magic to your mood. Amma's good friend passed away today morning. A great lady indeed, she was of immense moral support to me and mom. There was dampness inside since I heard the news. It rained outside, I feel better now. Didn't I say rain has magical powers to cure.. It's still raining outside..

No comments:

Post a Comment