Saturday, August 20, 2011

A lost traveller

I haven't read Henry Valentine Miller. But I've read a few quotes from this great soul. The recent one I glanced through said that "One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things", a quote which I would say, is absolutely inspiring for a person who loves places and travelling. I haven't travelled much. I think I'am too young for that. Or is there an age constraint for all this!!?? Well, what I meant is, I still have a lot more time to explore. Waynad tops my to-go places now. Having heard loads about the place, scenic beauty captured at it's best, and the lifestyle people there engage in, Waynad is fascinating. Well, I'am not talking about staying in hotels and getting out at 10 a.m for sight-seeing, and getting bac before dark. I crave for freedom in my travel. Where I get to go alone, know people and mingle with them aimlessly.

So many places to visit and get acquainted with. So many people to know. I hope my life allows me to be a carefree traveller who cannot be bothered about much other things in life. Well, they say marriage, work and kids hold you back from freedom. I beg to break free the shackles of slavery offered through institutions like these. I respect family. I need kids too. I don't think life would be any meaningful otherwise, at least not when I sit and recline on my chair 40 years from now. But I wish I get to see the world a little more before that. Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment