Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Flashback poetry

Poetry has been dripping through me since a while now. I've been eating, drinking, sleeping poetry since the last couple of days. And yes, Ive been driving poetry lately, i.e. I have been thinking things with rhyming words while driving my scooter and car. Good lord, help me with this last one. Take care of me. Amen.

10 years back
FLASHBACK:---------------------------------------------------------------

I remember how I used to tear pages from my Maths book (arrghh.. spelling M-A-T-H-S makes me wanna bang my head on this wall) to write poems. I tear the page. Write what I thought on a rose in my garden.

WHAT IS ON MY MIND NOW?!!----------------------->

My poems on roses and dogs were much appreciated by my grandmother- the lady who imbibed in me the love for all good things in the world. She taught me to loathe nothing, but love mother earth and her creations. Poetry, according to her was an outpour of beauty in things which YOUR naked eye captures. She asked me to pen down what I saw. Hence, I used English to convey my thoughts. I started loving the language, literature and everything about it. 'Ammu' I miss you. Thanks for teaching me to love life.

No comments:

Post a Comment