Friday, August 19, 2011

Once upon a time, I was a princess...


.... I wish... I wish I was one of those princess who used to flaunt around her robes and jewels to her peers. I wish I was one of those princess who lived in the 18th century India. I wish I had a huge room to boast of, a room where curtains are pink and purple, carpets are soft with hues of violet to add charm to. I wish I had a prince charming who would ride in his horse every moonlit night to adore my pretty face (I better have one. OK. This is just a story. Stop giggling). I wish I could go to my royal garden which would be decorated with pretty lilies, and purple orchids smiling at me when I enter. The lotus inside the pool welcoming me with a blush. I wish I could play all day with cute dogs (oh oh! I've never seen a princess playing with one. But whatever....), and could change my clothes every day at least thrice (to show-off). I wish I could wear those joothis which are too chic yet ethnic.

There is ho harm in dreaming. I've always wanted to live a life in the olden golden days. The days which you would've been acquainted with in movies like Mughal-e-Azam. Don't you remember how pretty Madhubala danced to the tunes of 'Pyar kiya tho darna kya'!!? I'am sure those days would've been bliss. Except for those wars and occasional fights amongst kingdoms, the world would have been a lovely place to live in. I wish there was a time machine. A machine which made me a Rajput princess of the 18th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment